Dan Hutchinson is a Legal Practice Director of Cooke and Hutchinson Lawyers.
He has worked in just about every role a law firm can offer and is proud to now lead the Practice and help continue and further Cooke & Hutchinson’s well regarded tradition of community engagement and first class client service.
Dan joined Cooke and Hutchinson in 2001 as a humble law clerk. After completing his studies and receiving a double Bachelors Degree in Law and Business from the Queensland University of Technology, Dan was admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland on 5 November 2007. Subsequent to this he was also admitted as a solicitor of the High Court of Australia on 15 August 2008.
Upon his admission, Dan dedicated himself to the area of Succession Law. Dan has become a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP). STEP is the worldwide professional association for practitioners dealing with family inheritance and succession planning. By joining STEP, he is able to draw upon a network of colleagues and an ever expanding body of theory, precedent and industry developments to further the interests of his valued clients.
Dan is also a member of the Family Firm Institute which is a multi-disciplinary professional body with members from over 80 countries who together create the oldest and most prestigious multidisciplinary professional association for family enterprise in the world.
Dan’s experience and vast network of colleagues and resources allows him to:
- Assist high net worth individuals with estate and business succession planning;
- Helping clients with disabled children attend to estate planning;
- Assisting executors with the administration of estates both domestically and across multiple jurisdictions;
- Assisting with capacity issues in estate planning;
- Representing executors and beneficiaries in relation to estate disputes.
- Advising SME clients in relation to:
- proactive business succession planning;
- employment law issues; and
- identifying areas of legal risk to prevent non-compliance with best practice.
In his spare time Dan is a member of the Queensland Law Society Ethics Committee, under 6 Rugby Coach, proud father of four children and supporter of the Redcliffe Triathlon Club, Redcliffe Dolphins, Peninsula Power and Norths Rugby.